What's it for?
For example, with this plugin you could automate Android builds uploading to beta-testers Telegram chats directly accessed from mobile devices.
Download plugin hpi package and install it using Jenkins plugins manager (Manage Jenkins->Manage Plugins->Advanced->Upload Plugin).
Warning: this plugin needs Java 1.8.
Configure bot token in Jenkins system settings (Manage Jenkins->Configure System->Telegram Uploader):
Add a "Upload artifacts to Telegram" post-build action to your Jenkins job after "Archive the artifacts" post-build action:
- Chat ID - positive integer value for private chats, negative integer value for groups or string like
- Caption - uploaded artifact caption, 0-200 characters (including expanded environment variables).
- Filter - Ant-style glob to use as filter for the artifact names to upload. Empty value disables filtering.
- Disable notification - send the artifacts silently. If set, users will receive a notification with no sound.
- Fail build if upload is failed - if set, mark build as failed if the artifact can't be uploaded by some reason, otherwise just issue warning in build console.
- Plugin is still in alpha stage. Please report problems using GitHub Issues.
- Sadly I don't know a simple way to obtain Telegram chat ID. You could write something to the bot and then check the
idfield in output of
curl -i -X GET https://api.telegram.org/bot<inser_token_here>/getUpdatescommand.
- Plugin uses Telegram Bot API which (at this moment) limits uploaded file size to 50 MB.
- Links in Caption field are non-clickable on Android devices.
That's all, folks!